Saturday 11 December 2010

Summany Of My Research- Ms Georgiou

By researching existing music videos, Beyonces styles and other music conventions, i have been able to successfully plan my music video around the conventions that makes a good video.

For example the song that i have chosen is Beyonce-Dangerously in Love, i chose this song because its a very emotional and personal song, so its allot more meaningful than just picking a random, fast-paced song. I had to research Beyonces past music video to get an idea on her style and representations, she has a good girl/bad girl persona, which is very useful if you want a large target audience. For my music video i also decided to have 2 sides to the artist, elegant/casual, so my target audience, 14-26 year old females, can relate to her clothes, style and apperance and build a relationship with my artist. Also because i looked at Beyonces old videos i found ideas for filming locations, like the beach, bowling ally, house and arcade.

I also looked at other music videos from Drake, Kelly Rowland and Maddonna to gain a better insight in all types of music videos. They all had some really good conventions, but the beat was too fast so i couldnt use them or relate them to my song.

But because i already knew most of the songs from Beyonce i could loosely base my music video on Beyonce-Halo beacuse they pass accross the same message, and the speed of the song is the same, so Halo helped me with editing and camera shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment